Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Am I becoming my mother?

I usually dislike collections of things - especially things like figurines...blech...they dont really mean anything to me and collect dust. My mom does that - flowers and birds, she has EVERYTHING related to the artist...I keep wondering what happens to it when she passes. Morbid thought, but you gotta think about these things sometime. Anyway - I realized the other day that I have a problem...I collect things too. Art. I have soooo much art hanging on all walls of my house. It isnt just a piece here and there - it is everywhere. I am still compelled to purchase more too...I mean it isnt like I go to the local KMart...it is stuff we have bought while traveling or going to art fairs. I just feel a little overwhelmed with it though, I cant tell if it is a ridiculous amount, or just a little too much or just enough. My judgement is skewed....I wonder if my mother feels the same when she looks at her flower figures...hmmm..

- georgie

No comments: